Everything But the Kitchen Sink
Do yourself and your Family a huge favor and whip up a batch of these big Yummy Banana muffins. Yes, there is a lot of ingredients but, these are really quite easy to prepare. By the way these freeze wonderfully in a Ziploc bag, take them out the night before and they are Perfect for breakfast.
Make up a batch of Vanilla Honey Butter, to slather over your warm muffins.
Makes 12 Jumbo Muffins, or 24 muffins (size muffin tin)
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
¾ cup buttermilk
2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
2 sticks unsalted butter, melted (cooled)
2 mashed ripe bananas, mashed
1 ripe banana chopped into ¼ inch pieces
1 cup good granola
1 cup walnuts diced
1 cup coconut
*¾ cup banana chips
1. Preheat oven to 415 degrees. With clean kitchen paint brush, paint top of muffin pan with oil, or butter (so muffins will not stick), fill prepared muffin pan with paper or foil cupcake liners; set a side.
2. In large mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, run mixer to blend on low speed.
3. As, mixer is running add eggs one at a time, buttermilk, vanilla, and butter; do not over beat (at this point the batter can be refrigerated over night if you want to make these up faster in the morning).
4. Add bananas, granola, walnuts, and coconut, to a bowl and stir by hand to combine. Now, fold into waiting batter and mix well by hand to incorporate.
5. With an ice cream scooper place batter filled to the top into readied muffin tins and sprinkle tops with Sanding sugar.
6. Place muffin tin in oven, and Immediately turn temperature down to 350 degrees. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, rotate once half way through. Remove from oven when done, and stick *Banana chips (2 or 3) in the tops of each Hot muffin.
– Chef Jerrieann Taylor