Mixed Berry Tart
I Love this Mixed Berry Tart, talk about to Live for.
12 Tablespoons (1½ sticks) cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
½ cup confectioners` sugar
1¼ cup flour
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
4 ounces almond paste
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon almond extract
1 pound fresh or frozen mixed berries
3 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon cornstarch, (I use red mill)
1 Tablespoon cold water
1. Crust: combine all in the food processor and pulse with the steel blade until crumbly. Press up the sides and in the bottom of a 12-inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
2. Combine all ingredients together in the food processor and process until smooth. Pour into the tart crust and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden; cool on wire rack while preparing topping.
3. Cook all ingredients together in a saucepan over medium for 35 minutes, or until thickened.
4. Mix cornstarch and water together, and then add to the topping mixture to thicken. Cool down a bit. Spread topping over cooled tart. Refrigerate if made ahead.
5. Serve with whipped cream.
Chef Jerrieann Taylor